The original wooden church building was replaced in 1874 with the current limestone structure. This building with the high steeple has been a fixture in Country Club Hills for over140 years.
St. John’s School
The school was established in 1849, the same year as the church. It has been in continuous existence ever since. The first pastor was also the first teacher until another teacher was hired. The first school building was a one room schoolhouse which was later made into a two room schoolhouse. This small schoolhouse lasted for over 100 years.
An active group
St. John’s Lutheran Church and School continues to play an active role in the community. The school has an excellent reputation in the area. The church reflects the diversity of the area. We seek to serve the community in a manner pleasing to our Lord.